Friday, January 06, 2006

QSAC. Brisbane's number one music venue.



10/1/06

The Creative director liked the U2 ideas, but would like to see something that they can reuse whenever there is a rock concert. He also wanted me to try and stay away from using the track as a visual.

I came up with this sketch today and then showed him just before he went home. He thought it was the best idea he's seen me do so far. “Keep working on it.”

I’m not sure if it’s obvious when looking at the sketch. I’m trying to use the tennis racket as a metaphor for a guitar being smashed on the stage by a rock star at a concert.























8/1/06

This is an idea i will put forward to the creative team on Monday. Hopefully they will like it. If they don't I'm not too worried because it's going straight into my folio.

Last night I put it to the ultimate test. I showed it to my brother and his drunken mates. They got it straight away which proves to me that it works.

Mark if you see this before Monday let me know what you think! I'm sure there needs to be a full stop after venue. I will try and draw up a few more ideas before I see you.


9/1/06


I showed the Art Director my ideas and he thought they were great. Later in the day I showed the Creative Director my ideas and he thought they were good first ideas but could be worked on a little further.

He would like me to try and focus my ideas away from U2 and try and come up with something that is more generic to any music event at QSAC. He would prefer to see a visual image that works for all bands or music events that may or are about to play at QSAC.

Out of all three QSAC ads he thought the one with everyone pissing was the best.

Not to worry I’ll just keep trying to crack it. It’s sort of annoying in a way because I can’t stop thinking about it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home